The PAGB Professional Learning Programme has been designed to give you a greater understanding of the consumer healthcare industry.
The 14 modules can be studied individually or in combination to achieve the PAGB Diploma in OTC Healthcare.
To be awarded the PAGB Diploma in OTC Healthcare you must pass the four compulsory modules and enough elective modules to gain 10 credits. Modules are worth either one or two credits depending on how much content they cover.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7242 8331.
– the development of medicine and the UK pharmaceutical industry, how this fits with the NHS and the role of the pharmacist/pharmacy staff.
– the ways in which the advertising of OTC medicines in controlled through regulation and self-regulation, including the requirements of the PAGB Consumer Code and Professional Code.
– the structure of the human body, including how the cells, tissues and organs are organised into different body systems, the function of each system and how they interact to maintain health.
– the rules and regulations controlling how medicines are licensed, manufactured and marketed, including the role of the MHRA.
These modules cover the following categories in more depth, including the conditions that can be treated with self care and the active ingredients used in products.
• Pain and analgesics (2 credits)
• The upper respiratory tract (1 credit)
• The upper gastrointestinal tract (1 credit)
• The lower gastrointestinal tract (1 credit)
• Ear, eye and oral care (1 credit)
• Skin and scalp (2 credits)
• Lifestyle maintenance (1 credit)
• Nutrition and food supplements (2 credits)
• The genito-urinary system and contraception (1 credit)
• Allergy (1 credit)
The course content is updated each year to reflect all the latest industry developments, including regulatory changes and new OTC ingredients.
The professional learning programmes is for anyone working in the consumer healthcare industry, or in agencies supporting consumer healthcare companies, whether you are new to the sector, or just want to improve your knowledge in one area. It will have particular relevance for professionals working in:
The online format means you can study at your own pace and fit it in around your work and personal commitments. It is hosted on the Wellards Academy website, meaning you can access materials from any computer, or from a tablet using the Wellards app.
Once registered, you work through the course content of each module at your own pace. Each module includes learning activities to self-check your progress. At the end of each module there is a timed exam consisting mainly of multiple choice questions. You need to pass this to successfully complete the module and gain credits. A certificate of achievement is awarded for every completed module.
The PAGB Diploma in OTC Healthcare is awarded if 10 credits are completed within a period of 12 months.
For further information about the Professional Learning Programme, or to register, please contact email@example.com or call 020 7242 8331.
For PAGB member companies, it costs £500 for one person to complete the PAGB Diploma in OTC Healthcare and £50 per module studied for those people only wanting to study one or more individual modules.
If you don’t work for a PAGB member company, you can study the diploma at a cost of £750 or £75 per module.
(Costs quoted are exclusive of VAT, which is charged at 20%)
Wellards.co.uk is a leading provider of online learning for the pharmaceutical industry. It offers a number of services and resources to enhance your insight into customer needs, get ahead of the competition and lever potential business opportunities.